Bike Frame Stiffness Comparison
A main triangle and a paired rear triangle this is known as the diamond frame.
Bike frame stiffness comparison. Wall thicknesses are around twice that of steel and tubing diameters are around 20 30 larger to maintain suitable stiffness. How do various frames compare in stiffness. Over my years of bike travel lateral frame stiffness is a feature i ve come to really appreciate. This is why we now see aluminium bikes with the oversized tubes that are needed to give the required stiffness to the frame.
If your bike isn t listed yet you can add it. An aluminium frame will use more than twice the volume of material as steel. The bike is rather light hitting the scale at just above 7 1 kg without pedals and ride weight was around 7 6 kg. The modern and most common frame design for an upright bicycle is based on the safety bicycle and consists of two triangles.
Find a bike s geometry by name compare different bikes and sizes side by side search for bikes by geometry numbers. Carbon road bikes explained how carbon road bikes are made carbon fibre is a bit of a wonder material because it can be moulded into just about any shape and tuned to be stiff in one plane and. It s not by any means essential that a frame is stiff but it goes a long way when it comes to the handling stability and general feel of your bike. The frame was less than 400 when i bought it and it might still be on the market.
All those cool light weight parts that customers chose to complete their new bike were likely contributing to the flex the riders felt and that was probably making the difference. Frame comparison this tool allows you to compare two frames side by side and calculate the effect of different stem spacer combinations on the bar position. Welcome to the world s biggest open database of bike geometry. For more information check out our guide to xy coordinates and frame comparison tips tricks.
Nevertheless my interest was piqued. In this article i ll be discussing when frame stiffness matters and when it doesn t. Frames are required to be strong stiff and light which they do by combining different. Then we remembered that no one rides only the frame.
A rider rides a complete bicycle.
- What Does A Bike Repair Cost
- What Are The Best Mountain Bikes For The Money
- Women S Hybrid Bike Frame Size Chart
- What Bikes Do Uk Police Use
- What Does A Quad Bike Look Like
- Women S Mountain Bike For Sale
- Women S Mountain Bike Comparison
- What Bikes Are Best For Commuting
- Women S Mountain Bike For Sale Sydney
- Womens Road Bike Frame Size Chart
- Womens Road Bike Comparison
- Winter Moto X3m Bike Race Game
- What Does A Dirt Bike Need To Be Street Legal
- Wedo Zero Bike Review
- Wheelie Or Bike
- What Does A Bike Need To Pass Mot
- Womens Bike Reviews
- What Do Bicycle Kicks Work
- Which Spray Paint Is Best For Bikes
- Women S Hybrid Bike Comparison