Bike Riding Vs Jogging Calories
Jogging at a pace of 12 minutes per mile and cycling at 12 to 14 miles an hour will burn calories at about the same rate according to a table of the harvard medical school.
Bike riding vs jogging calories. In general you will burn more calories the more you weigh. At 755 calories per hour a 5 mph run more than doubles the energy expenditure of a leisurely bike ride which burns just 364 calories per hour for a 200 pound man. The other benefit i ve found to the bike if your route includes any kind of city road bike riding you get automatic intervals where as running is steady state. Both would burn about 760 calories 20.
In 30 minutes the 180 pound person burns about 432 calories bicycling around 15 mph but only 211 calories walking at 4 mph. Generally running and cycling result in a similar number of calories burned. But as with all workouts the exact caloric expenditure depends on the intensity and duration of the workout. Just 14 2 minutes on a treadmill burnt 200 calories it took 27 minutes on a bike according to the centre for sports science and health study.
If you rode 20 miles at 20 mph you would divide by the corresponding number on the table 2 9. Take the 620 calories and divide by 110 calories per mile for running and you get 5 63 miles of running to burn the same number of calories. The result is 6 9 miles. An hour of swimming at a leisurely pace will burn only 245 calories if you weigh 90 lbs but 791 if you weigh 290 lbs.
Person but 923 calories for a 290 lb. This means that cycling 20 miles at 15 mph burns as many calories as running 5 7 miles. Therefore riding a bicycle 20 miles at an average 15 miles per hour is equal to running 5 6 miles at any speed. If your only criterion is maximizing calorie consumption then running is the obvious choice.
According to the centers for disease control and prevention bicycling is a vigorous exercise while walking is a moderate exercise. So if you reached an avghr say of 150 on the bike or your avg speed of 15 mph you likely ranged from 90 at stop lights up to 170 on hills and sprinting away from lights. The number of calories consumed depends primarily on the weight of the. But fitness expert dr.
However cycling is gentler on the body and you may be able to do it longer or faster than you can run. To up that number you can either increase your speed add hills or try interval training alternating between bouts of speed and recovery periods. Riding a stationary bike at a moderate intensity level burns 286 calories for a 90 lb. Gabe mirkin says riding a bicycle 20 miles is equivalent to running 5 6 miles.
- How To Change A Bike Tire Without Tools
- How To Change A Road Bike Tire With Co2
- How To Change Dirt Bike Tire
- How To Choose A Mountain Bike Wheel Size
- How To Change Dirt Bike Tire Without Spoons
- How To Buy A Mountain Bike Chain
- How To Change A Tire On A Bike
- How To Choose Bike Frame Size Calculator
- How To Change A Dirt Bike Tire At Home
- How To Choose The Right Mountain Bike Size
- How To Clean A Bike Chain At Home
- How To Change Bike Tire Tube
- How To Change Gear On A Road Bike
- How To Buy A Mountain Bike Size
- How To Choose Bike Frame Size Hybrid
- How To Clean A Bike Chain With Wd40
- How To Choose A Bike Helmet Size
- How To Clean Bike Chain And Gears
- How To Change Bike On Zwift
- How To Change A Rear Bike Tire With Disc Brakes